Advancing sustainability, managing decarbonisation and navigating the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) landscape are big, challenging, issues facing the steel industry today. It’s crucial for ASA Members to have an eye on the future as this highly topical area evolves.
The ASA and CBA were pleased to welcome all Members last 4th October for an in-person luncheon focused on this very issue.
The event brought together some of the sector’s leading minds for a detailed discussion on the topics of sustainability, ESG, and carbon reduction in the steel industry. Attendees heard presentations from two of Commonwealth Bank’s top experts, plus a panel session designed to shed light on this evolving landscape and the decarbonisation journey within the Australian and global steel industries.
Key topics covered include:
- The evolving ESG landscape
- CBAM and what it means for Members
- Emerging ESG Risks and the implications for ASA Members
- An economic & commodities update specific to the steel industry
- ACRS auditing for sustainability accreditation of international mills
- Spotlight on ISSB and proposed disclosure requirements for Australian companies
Date: 4th October 2023
Time: 12.30pm – 3.30pm
Location: Level 1, Commonwealth Bank Place South, 11 Harbour Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
Executive Manager of Environment, Social and Governance, CBA
Director, Mining & Energy Commodities Research, CBA
Partner and Head of Investigations and Inquiries, Corrs Chambers Westgarth
Senior Associate, Carbon Markets, CBA
Dr Leo Frawley